Happy first day of FALL, friends!!! I am so excited that today starts a new season! My very favorite season!! I feel like EVERY girl says that fall is her favorite time of the year but it REALLY is mine! Christmas is definitely my favorite holiday and I am obsessed with all things green, red, santa, snowmen, etc. But my favorite season of the year is hands down fall! I seriously cant get enough of it and since I cant get enough of it I decided to decorate and celebrate a little early! I have been celebrating and enjoying "Fall" since the day after labor day and plan on enjoying it until November 31st! That’s right! Almost 3 whole months of pumpkin spiced everything, autumn candles, Halloween movies, and spiced baked-goods! I figured I would share a few of the old and new things I am incorporating into my fall festivities this year in case you guys want to try some of them to! Here are my 21 ways to enjoy and get the most out of Fall! I hope you all enjoy! (Be sure to sound off in the comments what some of your favorite fall must-haves or things to do! I love when y'all share your traditions with me!)
1. CANDLES - Buy a candle that screams fall to you! My favorites are always “pumpkin-spice” or “autumn” scented. The one I am currently loving came from TJMAXX and is from DW Home and is labeled “Autumn.”
How do I use this as part of my fall routine? – Light that sucker everywhere and anytime you get the chance! This means at night when you are winding down and getting ready for bed (I do this when I am in the bath, and in my room doing my devotional, blogging, or watching a Halloween movie!)
2. MOVIES -Watch as many Halloween movies as you can!! I can’t really watch scary movies. I’m wayyy too paranoid and I just get scared out of my mind at some things that I cant and don’t enjoy them! BUT… I grew up watching the Halloween town movies on Dismey Channel and to this day my sister and I HAVE to watch them at Halloween, (It just doesn’t feel like fall without them!) MY FAVE Halloween movie is for sure “Hocus Pocus” – Im quite sure I can quote that movie from start to finish! I rewatch it severeal times throughout Halloween! And then there’s Harry Potter!!! I don’t know why every HP movie screams fall/Halloween to me but it does and I don’t hate it! I love HP! (side note: I was never allowed to watch HP growing up bc of the wizardry etc) but when I got to college I HAD to see what all of the fuss was about and yall…I GET IT!! Seriously so good!
3. PUMPKIN PATCH - Go to a pumpkin patch and pick your own pumpkin! – Such a fun tradition that you can do with your significant other, girlfriends, or family! I like to find a place that also has a sunflower field! And as you can imagine I take TONS of pictures! (How cute are our wind suits that we have on in this pic.? We had the cutest little fall traditions growing up and going to the pumpkin patch to pick ours out and carving it with our family was a highlight for sure!
4. APPLE PICKING – I haven’t done this one in forever but I want to find a place to go this year! When my sister and I were little we would go apple picking when we were visiting our grandparents in Tennessee with our mom and dad! Hope we get to do this again soon! Orchards of any kind are great for photo shoots too!
5. MOUNTAINS - Like I said above my family and I use to always go to Tennessee every year to stay with my grandparents (they had the dreamiest little cabin in Tennessee) and it was on top of a mountain and you would look out and all you could see was just red, yellow, and orange!! Such breathtaking views of valleys and mountains just covered in color!! And the crisp cool breeze that accompanied those views will make you swoon! Since my sister and I both get a "fall break" this year we are planning on taking a family tree to either Tennessee or North Carolina next Month!
6. PICNIC – This is something I like to do before it gets too cold! Not really a problem you have if you live in Alabama! But I suggest packing a plaid, wool blanket, and some coffee or a pumpkin spice latte, some cookies or some other finger food and finding a scenic place to have a picnic! Chill out and enjoy!
7. CLOTHING – Wear as much flannel and plaid as you can!! I love planning outfits for fall because of the layers! So much to put on and accessorize! Also fall is the best time for long shirts/sweaters and leggings with boots! You just can’t beat that combo!
8. BLANKET- Invest in a comfy blanket that you can snuggle up in with a good book and a spiced tea! I recently bought one from TJMAXX and it’s the best! But quilts are my very favorites! I live in them in the fall and winter months. And you can always find one laying at the end of my bed!
9. WALKS -Go on a foggy morning or an evening walk! Or both! Take a friend or your fur baby! Walking is a great way to get some cardio in and Patton loves the leaves and I like having a buddy!
10. CROCK POT - Prepare your favorite crock-pot meals! They’re super easy and SO delicious! Throw all of your ingredients in before you leave for the day and when you come home you have a hearty, and delicious home-cooked meal!
11. LEAF FIGHT – This is self explanatory but so much fun! Do it!
12. Pumpkin Decorating - Carve and decorate your pumkins that you picked at the patch! Fun to do with friends and have a contest for whose masterpiece is the most creative! Then display your creation on your front porch!
13. FLOWERS –Put fall flowers everywhere…in your hair, on your porch, in your house etc. (I love mums and sunflowers!)
14. NAILS -Paint your nails a fun, fall color! This is the time to go for the dark colors such as grey and plum! Plus a great fall manicure will look amazing wrapped around your pumpkin-spiced latte!
15. TAILGATE – As most of you know, football is HUGE in the south! Like it’s life for so many people! Going to Auburn, (War Eagle!) I can’t get enough football and tailgating! For those who don’t know what tailgaiting is, its spending the day of the football game with friends and family at the stadium eating the most delicious grilled finger foods and sipping on adult beverages!
16. FAIR -Go to the county fair or whichever is closest to you! My sister and I use to go all the time with our parents when we were little but now that we are older and my sister is in college, I just go with my cousins and their kids and its so much fun seeing them light up and get excited about rides! (If we’re being honest I also go because of the funnel cakes, caramel apples, cozy dogs (corn dogs) andcotton candy! Anyone feel me??
17. BOOK – Get a new book (reading is a great way to relax and expand your vocabulary!
18. FIRE - Cuddle up by the fire (inside or outside). If you’re inside grab a good book and sit and read. If you’re outside have a bonfire!
19. HAYRIDE – Grab some friends and go on a hayride! If you’re brave enough find a “haunted hayride” and enjoy!
20. CRAFTS – Do some pinteresty crafts! You can decorate your house or room with them when you finish! I just finished making a beautiful fall garland for the fireplace and dining room table!
21. CAMPING – Camping, glamping, whatever suits your style but just get outside and do it! I enjoy both! See my post on “glamping” here.
Hope you guys found all or some of these helpful and would love to hear if any of you plan on incorporating any of these ideas into your fall routine!! Hope this post gets you guys as pumped for Fall as I am!!!